quarta-feira, 9 de abril de 2008

Picton 2005




[Re-enter ARIEL invisible, playing and singing;FERDINAND following]
[ARIEL'S SONG.]
Come unto these yellow sands, And then take hands:
Curtsied when you have, and kiss'd, The wild waves whist,
Foot it featly here and there; And, sweet sprites, the burden bear.
Hark, hark! The watch dogs bark:
Hark, hark! I hear The strain of strutting Chanticleer

FERDINAND.
Where should this music be? i' th' air or th' earth?
It sounds no more; and sure it waits upon Some god o' th' island.
Sitting on a bank, Weeping again the king my father's wrack,
This music crept by me upon the waters, Allaying both their fury and my passion,
With its sweet air: thence I have follow'd it, Or it hath drawn me rather, but 'tis gone.
No, it begins again.

[ARIEL sings]
Full fathom five thy father lies: Of his bones are coral made:
Those are pearls that were his eyes:
Nothing of him that doth fade But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.
Sea-nymphs hourly ring his knell:
Hark! now I hear them--ding-dong, bell.

W. Shakespeare - The Tempest

Sem comentários: